This year, getting that glow is our 2021 skin goal. But how? With air pollution, stress and a poor diet being the constant barriers preventing us from achieving our skin goals, it can be hard to stay motivated. Although it’s not all bad news, we’ve comprised our expertise to help you get that radiant complexion everyone is in need of. Using a combination of lifestyle, product and consistency, we’ve got the solution you’re looking for.
Our lifestyle secrets
1. You are what you eat - Any fruit packed with Vitamin C is the key. They are rich in antioxidants and citric acid helping to brighten the skin
2. Drink lots of water – This is an easy one to tick off. Drinking your 6-8 glasses is the no.1 skincare hack as the skin will retain the water giving it a natural plump appearance
3. Take shorter showers – Long hot showers strip the skin of its natural oils, leaving it looking dull and grey
4. Get your beauty sleep! - Getting the recommended 6-9hrs is key as this is when your skin rejuvenates itself, so it’s no surprise your skin tends to look dull when lacking those essential hours
5. Time to chill - Running a cold flannel or ice cubes over your face is a quick way to depuff the skin whilst increasing the blood flow
6. Dry march? – Alcohol restricts the skin from absorbing Vitamin A which stimulates the production of new skin cells and without it, the skin can become dry
7. No pain no gain - Over the past year getting out for exercise has proven a little more difficult. However, as we move to spring and gyms start to reopen, make the effort to stay active. This helps increase blood flow, giving your skin a natural healthy glow. This is a great way to relieve stress, also having a positive impact on your skin.
Our product tips
As restrictions begin to ease and you start to wear more makeup, this can be a cause of dry skin. This makes it more important than ever to properly cleanse to ensure fresh looking skin
Lock in skin hydration with a moisturiser. Take a look at our 3 in 1 Daily Base that replaces your makeup remover, cleanser and moisturiser. Simplify your routine to just 1 step!
Wearing SPF will help extend your youthful glow. If unprotected, sun exposure can damage the skin, causing it to dry out
Seek skin brightening ingredients:
- Vitamin B3 or Niacinamide supports skin health, there are many benefits of this ingredient! Click here if you’re interested in finding out more
- Vitamin C – we all know how great vitamin C is for the skin, but why? It aids collagen production, our friend who supports suppleness in the skin. We love Kakadu Plum Extract, this botanical super fruit extract from Australia contains one of the highest levels of Vitamin C, high in antioxidants and renowned for its skin brightening properties.
Give your skin that extra boost
The products you use will help give it that necessary push for luminous skin. Sample our Skin Tone Brightening Essence as it contains both Vitamin B3 and Vitamin C. Whilst the days are getting longer and warmer, discover what works best for you and wear your skin with confidence this spring.
Author - Lily Scales