Pumpkin Themed Recipes To Try
Following on from our Autumnal theme this October, we thought there'd be no better time to include pumpkin in our diets to reap the benefits for our skin.
Foods For Healthy Skin
Pumpkin is known to be a rich source of nutrients including Vitamin C which helps to promote the production of collagen, making it one of the best foods for skin repair. This improves elasticity of skin and helps to even out its tone. Also containing Potassium and Zinc, pumpkin tackles redness and reduces skin inflammation. It is also rich in wrinkle fighting and sun protecting beta-carotene which helps improve skin texture.
Simple Recipes: Foods Good For Skin
- Lemon juice
- Blend pumpkin, carrot, apples.
- Add lemon juice, salt, honey, cinnamon to taste and mix.
- And finally, enjoy!
- Coconut milk
- Heat butter in a pan and add onions, garlic and ginger - cook for 2 minutes
- Add pumpkin and salt. Cook pumpkin until soft
- Pour into a blender with water to form a paste
- Transfer back into a pan and add coconut milk and cumin
- Now it's ready to serve with a garnish of coriander
- Balsamic vinegar
- Fry the chopped up halloumi for a few minutes on each side and then set aside
- Fry pumpkin in more oil for 10 minutes or until soft
- Add chilli, garlic and balsamic vinegar to taste and cook for a further 2 minutes
- Add the halloumi back in and pour beaten eggs over
- Transfer pan under the grill to cook the top until golden
Follow these simple recipes that can be made and eaten at any point in the day! 3 versatile ways to get your daily dose of nutrients in bright and early. Your diet is one way to improve your winter skincare routine as it impacts your skin behaviours and needs. Our Skin Diagnostic takes this into consideration when recommending a solution tailored to your unique goals.
Comment down below if you try any of these out!
Leave a comment