This time of the year, life gets pretty chaotic with schedules quickly filling up, but it's also so important to not neglect your skincare routine. Heading back to school calls for new starts and fresh beginnings from upgrading your stationery set to your skincare routine!
Your skin changes in response to your lifestyle and environment, so there is no doubt your needs could do with some adjusting. The new school term can be a stressful time for many, making feeling confident inside and out essential to a healthy life.
The Impact Of Stress On The Skin
Stress can lead to the excess production of cortisol and adrenaline which in turn can have a negative effect on our bodies.
Cortisol and adrenaline secretion can cause your skin to produce too much oil, resulting in blemishes, blocked pores, and breakouts. With the release of stress hormones such as adrenaline, sweat glands come into play meaning you are more likely to become dehydrated as a result. Over time the release of stress hormones can start the break down of collagen and elastin which causes extra wrinkles, and ageing.
Skin School Tips
- Use our Skin Diagnostic to find a cleanser that's unique to your needs. Discover what's right for you, many find some cleansers too harsh but Wǒ’s formulas are gentle and our Skin Diagnostic ensures they are suited to your needs so you don't have to worry about skin irritation again.
- Pick up a stressed out skin reliever. If you find your skin often feels the pressure, seek a product specially formulated to provide relief and calms the skin.
- Moisturise morning and night. Ensure you hydrate your skin as it is important that it retains moisture to prevent the external environment from aggravating it which could result in dry or irritated skin.
- The season might have changed but your need to apply an SPF hasn't. Applying sunscreen should be a part of your daily skincare routine as excess sun exposure increases the risk of developing skin cancers. According to the NHS, you should be using at least factor 30+ sun cream.
- Drink lots and lots of water. When you are dehydrated your skin will lose its moisture and this may result in common skin concerns such as dull or tired looking skin. Treat yourself to a nice reusable water bottle as an incentive to make you want to drink.
- They don't call it beauty sleep for nothing. The body (including the skin) repairs itself when we sleep so getting the recommended 7-9hrs will leave you with a glowing, brighter and plumper complexion.
When all you want to do is just roll out of bed, there's no time for a 10 step morning routine. Cut down the steps and use multi-functional products, our 3 in 1 Daily Base’s hydrate, cleanse and condition all in one step for convenience that works miracles.
The Monodose Solution
Skin SOS? Problem solved. Our products are specially packaged in a monodose format so you can take your Wǒ wherever for whenever. Precise and portable so you don't have to worry about heavy glass bottles or spillages. It's simple, your routine in the palm of your hand. Just perfect for your school or gym bags!
Ultimate Skin Health
Make sure you stay on top of knowing your skin's true needs. Take our FREE Skin Diagnostic to learn about your skin all year round, it considers your stress levels, environment and much more. In less than 5 minutes, you can be on your way to ultimate skin confidence and health.
Author: Lily Scales